CLICK TO VIEW SUMMARY
Easily one of the most popular 35mm film cameras ever made, used by beginners and professionals alike, and has been a staple in many photographers bags for good reason. It’s simple and easy to use, built well, and does what it needs to simply and cleanly.
If you’re looking to go back to shooting or learning how to shoot with 35mm film, this is a great camera body to start. And KEH is easily the best used and refurbished company to buy from. I have never gone wrong buying from KEH.
The $179 option is the one I’d go for as having a working light meter is useful regardless of your skill level.
CLICK FOR MORE INFO
The Pentax K1000 is an all mechanical manual 35mm film SLR (Single Lens Reflex) SLR. The K1000 has earned a reputation as a solid reliable camera with only fully manual functions. The no frills design means the user must figure out what they are doing (if they don’t already know). It’s a tool perfect for learning because it requires deliberate thought about setting framing, focus, and exposure. When a photographer learns how to use a fully manual camera like the K1000 they’ll have a fundamental foundation of understanding how any camera works.
Consequently the K1000 remained in production for decades and is one of the most popular cameras of all time. A special edition K1000 SE was also made which has leather grip surfaces.
- Classic, popular camera perfect for learning the art of photography!
- All shutter speeds are mechanical
- Battery only powers the light meter
- TTL (through-the-lens) manual light metering with a center-weighted pattern
- Strait forward single-needle light meter display in viewfinder
- Shutter speeds: 1s-1/1000 second, plus B (Bulb mode for longer exposures)
- TTL manual metering with a center-weighted pattern
- Hot shoe and PC sync terminal (X only)
- Flash sync at shutter speeds 1/60 second and slower
- ISO range: 20-3200, set manually
Threaded shutter release button accepts standard threaded mechanical cable release cables/cords