CLICK TO GO BACK TO SUMMARY
Unless you make a living as a film maker and absolutely need a GoPro, this action camera will get you 99% of what you need. Because of the new model that came our (4K+) this action camera is now just $105. It was almost double this just 5-6 months ago.
CLICK FOR MORE INFO
From BH PHOTO VIDEO:
- UHD 4K & 2.5K Video at 30 fps
- 1080p up to 120 fps / 720p up to 240 fps
- 12MP Photos with 30 fps Burst Mode
- Ultra-Wide-Angle Glass Lens
- In-Camera Lens Distortion Correction
- Electronic Image Stabilization
- Dual-Band Wi-Fi & Bluetooth Connectivity
- Video & Photo Time-Lapse
- 2.19″ LCD Touchscreen with Gorilla Glass
- 1400mAh Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery
Packing professional performance into a compact, streamlined body, the black YI 4K Action Cameramakes capturing all your adventures at resolutions up to UHD 4K fast, fun, and easy. It combines a next-generation Sony CMOS image sensor and Ambarella dual-core processor to support UHD 4K video at 30 fps with a high bit rate of 60 Mb/s. Additionally, it supports 2.5K video at 30 fps, 1080p video up to 120 fps, and 12MP still photos in bursts up to 30 fps. The camera’s wide angle lens uses all-glass optics, working in tandem with in-camera image stabilization and lens correction to produce clear images with reduced fisheye distortion typical of many action cameras.
A single control button and rear 2.19″, 330 ppi LCD touchscreen gives the camera an intuitive, smartphone-like control interface. Set the camera in auto mode for grab-and-shoot simplicity, or manually adjust settings for more advanced control. Equipped with dual-band Wi-Fi, you can connect to the YI Camera App for remote operation using your iOS or Android device, not to mention fast file transfers, video editing, and sharing. The supplied 1400mAh battery supports approximately 120 minutes of 4K video recording.
- Sony IMX377 Image Sensor
- The YI 4K is equipped with Sony’s IMX377 CMOS sensor, which consumes less power and delivers better low-light performance than the previous generation sensor thanks to large 1.55µm pixels. It supports UHD 4K video up to 30 fps (at 60 Mb/s), 1080p up to 120 fps, and 12MP photos.
- Ambarella A9SE75 SoC Processor
- The heart of the YI 4K is its Ambarella A9SE75 SoC, 800 MHz dual-core Cortex-A9 ARM processor with 28nm CMOS technology and high-efficiency Digital Signal Processor (DSP). It supports H.264 BP/MP/HP encoding with low-power consumption, even at UHD 4K resolution. The upgraded SoC supports lens distortion correction for the wide angle lens, and offers built-in Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS), 3D noise cancellation, and 48 kHz stereo audio.
- Electronic Image Stabilization with 3-Axis Gyroscope and Accelerometer
- To help fight against vibrations and shaky footage, the camera features built-in electronic image stabilization. It utilizes built-in 3-axis gyroscope and 3-axis accelerometer sensors to detect position and motion change, using algorithms to compensate for unwanted movement and produce clearer, more stable looking footage.
- 7-Element Glass Lens
- An all-glass lens comprised of seven elements offers an f/2.8 maximum aperture, for increased light capture and detailed images.
- Lens Distortion Correction
- Wide-angle distortion is common to many action cameras and often results in a fish-eye like effect. Rather than having to correct this in post-production, the YI 4K eliminates this step by offering in-camera lens correction for reduced distortion and more naturally looking images.
- LCD Touchscreen with Gorilla Glass
- Enjoy confident image monitoring using the rear 2.19″ LCD touchscreen, which features 640 x 360 resolution and 330 ppi density. The LCD is covered by Gorilla Glass for resistance against scratches and daily impacts.
- One-Button and Touchscreen Control
- Simple and intuitive to use, all features and operation are controlled using a single button and the built-in rear touchscreen LCD, bringing smartphone-like simplicity when changing modes and settings.
- Automatically Adjusts to Lighting Conditions
- The Image Signal Processor can be set to automatically adjust the frame rate and parameters to produce optimal results whether you’re shooting in bright outdoor environments or low-light scenarios.
- Manual Settings Adjustment for Advanced Control
- In addition to auto-control modes, you can also manually set parameters such as shutter, exposure value compensation, ISO, metering mode, white balance, and more. Nine individual shooting modes are available.
- Dual-Band Wi-Fi
- The camera features built-in Wi-Fi that supports 2.4 and 5 GHz bands and download speeds up to 30 Mb/s, which means less time spent waiting for your files to transfer and more time shooting and sharing.
- YI Action Camera App
- Quickly create 6- to 30-second video edits complete with image/video filters and music options using the YI action Camera App, then share them to social media sites and the global YI community on the YI Discover channel.
- 360° Omnidirectional Dual Microphones
- The YI 4K uses dual omnidirectional microphones to record 48 kHz stereo audio, which is recorded in the AAC format. High-sensitivity and high signal-to-noise ratio of the microphones provide clearer audio in noisy environments.
- Fast Start-Up
- Wake the camera from sleep mode in just one second and start recording by pressing a single button. Even when powered off, the camera can be ready to record in just three seconds.
- Efficient Power and Heat Management
- The camera uses a 1400mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery from Amperex Technology and a customized power management chip from Texas Instruments to create minimum heat while operating. The innovative heat management design helps release heat quickly to reduce overheating while recording UHD 4K video. A fully charged battery supports approximately two hours of recording time (UHD 4K at 30 fps) and up to eight hours of standby time.